image by Howard Stanbury (Image rights)
The Leica C11 was one of the best compact zoom cameras for the APS film system, the only one made by Leica Camera AG. Only some of the APS cameras of Nikon could compete with the Leica's fabulous outer design. But the plastic box which was delivered with the camera instead of a camera bag was more like a sandwich box.
image by Uwe Kulick (Image rights)
- Lens: 1:4.8-1:9.5/23-70mm zoom (7 separate lenses)
- Autofocus: Active infra-red system
- Films: APS film with film speeds of 25 ASA up to 3200 ASA
- Exposure: integral center-weighted metering
- Shutter speed: 1 - 1/600 sec.
- Viewfinder: virtual image type, picture frame changes to match selected picture format
- Flash: reaching as far as 2 meters for a 100 ASA film with lens in wide angle position
- Weight: 210 g (8 oz.) without the CR2 battery
- Dimensions 105 x 60 x 40 mm (4.13 x 2.36 x 1.57 inch)