|image by Uwe Kulick (Image rights)|
The Leica C1 was one of the compact cameras offered by Leica Camera AG. Among the Leica compacts for 35mm film it had the widest zoom lens focus range, ranging from 38mm to 105 mm. Compared to Leica's conservative camera concepts it was a quite modern camera, with imprinting of date and time, and several flash usage modes.
- Lens: Leica Vario-Elmar 1:4-1:10,5/38-105 mm zoom (7 separate lenses with 2 apsherical lens surfaces)
- Autofocus: Active infrared system
- Films: DX-coded 35mm films with film speeds of 50 ASA upto 3200 ASA
- Exposure: center-weighted metering
- Shutter speed: 1,7 - 1/500 sec.
- Viewfinder: real image type, showing AF measuring area, enlargement 0.375x to 1.05x
- flash: reaching as far as 3.2 meters for a 100 ASA film with lens in wide angle position
- weight: 260 g without the CR-123A battery
- dimensions 129,5 x 67 x 46 mm