The Imperial Dry Plate Co. Ltd. factory was at Cricklewood, London, N.W.2. It was founded in the early 1890s by J.J. Acworth (b. 1853, d. 1827). In 1918 it became part of the Ilford group but still retained its own branding. 
Imperial plates were exported world-wide. Their advertisements were published in the BJA from 1909 to 1938. In a 1920 advertisement there were 10 types of plates listed and they claimed that "their ease of working is a proverb". The range included Panchromatic, Orthochrome, Flashlight, Process, "Gaslight Lantern" and X-Ray.
- ↑ From "Early Photography"
|image by Geoff Harrisson (Image rights)|