The name General may apply to one of the following:
- General Camera Company was a photo retailer in Chicago, active in the 1940s at least
- General Imaging is a company offering digital cameras under the logo of GE (General Electric)
- General Products is a brand appearing on certain Chicago cameras; unlikely to be an actual manufacturer, as discussed in the Chicago Cluster
- the General, a name variant of the Japanese Rocket Camera
- General is a brand seen on some shutters, at least one from Ilex
- Agfa Ansco cameras have been observed with a General Anastigmat lens.
- A typical ad from 1945 gives their address as 2308 W. Devon Ave. Popular Photography (Vol. 17, No. 6) page 15.