Fujifilm Silvi F2.8
|Fujifilm Silvi F2.8 Black Edition|
image by yuchan's point of view (Image rights)
The Fujifilm Silvi F2.8 is a 35mm autofocus compact camera released in 2003. In some regions it is also known as the Fujifilm Zoom Date F2.8. It belong in a series of other Silvi cameras by Fujifilm. It features a Super EBC Fujinon 24 to 50mm zoom lens with an aperture of f2.8 to 5.6. It has a minimum focus distance of 35cm. Upon loading the film; the camera pre-winds the film to the take up reel. The LCD will count down the number of frames remaining. Since each exposed frame goes back into the film canister after exposure, photos will not be lost if the camera back is accidentally opened.
Interesting features include dual shutter release buttons on top of the camera; one on the left side another on the right. This makes it easier to shoot self portraits with the right hand. Left handed people may prefer to shoot with the left shutter and use the right shutter for self portraits. Included is a self portrait mode with a indicator to aid in composing and framing.
A limited production Black Edition of the camera only available in Japan has the additional feature of exposure compensation. It can be adjusted ± 2EV in 0.5EV steps.
|back of silvi 2.8 black edition|
image by 正哲 周 (Image rights)
|Fujifilm Zoom Date F2.8|
image by Yu Hsiu (Image rights)
- Film format: 135 (35mm) rolls (DX mark)
- Frame Size: 35mm standard size (24mm × 36mm)
- Lens: Super EBC Fujinon lens 24 ~ 50mm, f2.8 ~ 5.6. 6 elements in 5 groups.
- Focus: 0.35m to inf.
- Film speed: Automatic (DX system) ISO50 ~ 3200
- Film loading: Automatic with pre-winding. Mid-roll rewind button.
- Flash: charge time of about 0.5 to 5 sec. Multi-program Flash, Programmed Flash,
red-eye reduction / flash / no flash / Night Portrait (Slow sync)
- Flash range: Wide (24mm): 0.35 ~ 3.0m (ISO100); Tele (50mm): 0.35 ~ 2.3m (ISO 100).
- Shooting modes: Self Snap and Quick Shot (use the power button)
- LCD panel: Backlit. Displays flash mode, self-timer/remote settings, focusing settings,
date, battery, shooting mode and remaining exposure frames.
- Date/time printing: 4-mode date/time printing
- Self-timer: Electronic, aprox 10 sec, with self-timer lamp.
- Remote control: Infrared wireless remote control (included)
- Exposure compensation : ± 2EV (0.5EV steps) ※ Silvi F2.8 Black-only feature.
- Power: 1x 3v CR2 lithium batteries
- Other: Tripod mount, with a date function, remote control included
- Dimensions: 105.0 × 57.5 × 37.0mm
- Weight: 170g