image by Richard Frances (Image rights)
After the war, regular FED camera production resumed in 1946. The post-war bodies have a simpler logo, FED in cyrillic stamped on the top, than the original FED NKVD. These are the FED 1 bodies. There are two distinct shutter release collars: the first one is a continuation of the original prewar design; the second has a distinctly wider cup shape, introduced in 1953.