|Expert Brand Lenses|
image by Henrik Robeck (Image rights)
Expert brand lenses.
A brand of lenses that sometimes appears on camera auctions are Expert lenses, these lenses were supplied by a consumer electronics chain and the lenses were bought from third-party optics manufacturers and branded as "Expert" to be sold in their own chain of stores. These lenses often surface in the countries where Expert has been operating during the period when 35mm photography boomed and hobbyists sought a cheaper alternative to the sometimes expensive OEM lenses from the large Japanese camera manufacturers. Many of the lenses are identical to lenses sold by Chinon as well as Tamron, so it's probably safe to say that some were made by Tamron, but there are also other lens manufacturers Expert sourced their lenses from. The Expert stores supplied all kinds of accessories and equipment branded as Expert, filters, film projectors, and much more.
Expert is a retail chain which has to date several hundred stores in a number of countries worldwide. On October 16, 1967: Intercop GmbH is founded in Zurich, Switzerland by Gunnar Nygren, a Swedish businessman, along with five other representatives of national retail organizations. March 30, 1971: The company is renamed Expert International GmbH. This marks the beginning of the growth of Expert. Other retail companies start to join, leading to the international registration of the Expert trademark. At the moment Expert has more than 4,000 stores in 22 countries, with total retail sales of € 15.8 billion (2019) with products including consumer electronics (TV, audio, etc.), mobile phones, IT-products (desktops, notebooks, printers, software, accessories, etc.), as well as Home appliances.
- Expert 24mm f/2.8
- Expert 24mm f/2.8 Multic.
- Expert 28mm f/2.8
- Expert 28mm f/2.8 Multic.
- Expert MC Auto 28mm f/2.8
- Expert 35mm f/2.8
- Expert 35mm f/2.8 Multic.
- Expert 135mm f/2.8
- Expert 135mm f/2.8 Multic.
- Expert MC Auto 135mm f/2.8
- Expert 200mm f/3.5 Multic.
- Expert Tele-Auto 300mm f/4.5
- Expert 300mm f/5.6
- Expert Tele-Auto 400mm f/5.6
- Expert 400mm f/6.3
- Expert Zoom 40-105mm f/3.5 Multic.
- Expert MC Auto 75-150mm f/3.8
- Expert MC Auto Tele Zoom 80-200mm f/4.5
- Expert Zoom Macro 85-210mm f/4.5
These lenses were available in several different mounts, from M42 to all the major camera brand's mountings; Canon, Nikon, Pentax-K, Olympus, Minolta etc.
Expert conversion lenses
- Expert Auto Tele Converter 2x
- Expert Extension Tube set
- Expert BVC 830 Flash
- Expert TS 830 TWIN Flash
- Expert B 24 Flash
- Expert filters (various types and sizes)
- Expert Automatic Slide Viewer
- Expert Super-8 Film Projector 1009 SM (made by Yamawa Electric Co, Ltd)
- Expert 35mm Slide Projector 150A (made by Kindermann & CO, GMBH)