The Cosina Hi-Lite is a SLR camera body for 35mm film. It has a depth-of-field preview function that's triggered by pressing a button on the lens mount, to the users left. This function is also needed to determine the exposure with help of the TTL meter.
The viewfinder screen has a microprism focusing aid in its center. The right side of the finder image shows the meter needle with a centring mark.
This model was also sold as the Universa Interflex TL, with a slightly modified shutter button.
- Type: SLR body
- Manufacturer: Cosina
- Year of launch: 1968?
- Film: 35mm film with speeds 25-1600 ASA (15 to 33 DIN)
- Lens mount: M42 screw mount with aperture release mechanics
- Shutter: Copal Square metal focal plane shutter with speeds 1 sec. to 1/1000 sec. or B
- Metering: CdS stop down TTL metering
- Exposure: shutter speed selected manually
- Viewfinder: pentaprism finder, focusing aid on screen, ocular with frame for finder accessories
- Film advance: lever with analog exposure counter, rewind unlock button and rewind crank
- Power: SP 675 mercury cell
- Flash synch: two PC connectors for M & X synch
image by Peters Cameras (Image rights)