See also the Convex Reflex SLR camera.
The name Convex or Convex-Rapid is found on some Japanese leaf shutters of the 1940s and 1950s. All these shutters are linked to the company Motodori, later Tōkyō Seiki, which was certainly the owner of the "Convex" brand. In 1951, the Convex-Rapid was announced as "made by Tōkyō Seiki". Some Convex shutters mounted on the Doris-P have OKK markings and an OKK logo on the front plate, others have an OK logo on the aperture scale, and others have no logo at all.
Versions and cameras equipped
This list is perhaps incomplete, and not all the versions of the cameras were equipped with a Convex shutter.
- Convex-Rapid (T, B, 1–300), advertised in 1942–3 on the Zeitax
- Convex-Rapid (B, 1–500, synchronized), announced in 1951–2 on the Semi Rocket
- Convex (B, 10–200, ASA or PC synch), observed on the Doris-P
- Convex (B, 1–200, synchronized), observed on the Doris Six II and the Doris IA
- ↑ Column in Asahi Camera February 1951, p.104, and erratum in Asahi Camera March 1951, p.104.
- Asahi Camera February 1951. "Shinseihin memo" (新製品メモ, New products memo). P.104.
- Asahi Camera March 1951. "Shinseihin memo" (新製品メモ, New products memo). P.104.
- Asahi Camera (アサヒカメラ) editorial staff. Shōwa 10–40nen kōkoku ni miru kokusan kamera no rekishi (昭和10–40年広告にみる国産カメラの歴史, Japanese camera history as seen in advertisements, 1935–1965). Tokyo: Asahi Shinbunsha, 1994. ISBN 4-02-330312-7.
- McKeown, James M. and Joan C. McKeown's Price Guide to Antique and Classic Cameras, 12th Edition, 2005-2006. USA, Centennial Photo Service, 2004. ISBN 0-931838-40-1 (hardcover). ISBN 0-931838-41-X (softcover).
- Sugiyama, Kōichi (杉山浩一); Naoi, Hiroaki (直井浩明); Bullock, John R. The Collector's Guide to Japanese Cameras. 国産カメラ図鑑 (Kokusan kamera zukan). Tokyo: Asahi Sonorama, 1985. ISBN 4-257-03187-5.