The Contax NX is an autofocus 35mm film SLR camera introduced in 2002 by Kyocera.
- Type: 35mm focal plane type AF/AE single lens reflex camera
- Frame size: 24 x 36mm
- Lens mount: Contax N mount
- Shutter: Vertical travel focal plane shutter
- Shutter speed: AV, TV and P: 32 to 1/4000 sec.; M: 32 to 1/4000 sec. and bulb; X: 1/125 sec. (M mode)
- Flash sync: X at up to 1/125 sec.
- Shutter release: Electronic, with cable switch socket. electronic self-timer with 10 sec. delay
- Exposure control: Aperture, shutter, program auto, manual and TTL auto priority modes
- Exposure compensation: +3EV to -3EV (in steps of 1/3 or 1/2)
- Metering: TTL, center-weighted average, or spot metering
- Metering range: Evaluative metering: 0 to 21 EV; Center-weighted: 0 to 20 EV, Spot: 3 to 20 EV (ISO100, F1.4)
- Film speed: Auto with DX-coded film, 25 to 5000 ISO; manual setting, 6 to 6400 ISO
- Flash: Built-in GN 13.5 (ISO100), up to focal distance of 28mm; red-eye reduction.
- Auto focus: 5-point TTL phase difference detection
- Viewfinder: eye-level pentaprism with 93% Field of view and 0.78x magnification (50mm lens at inf.)
- Focusing screen: Fixed, full matte
- Film transport: Auto load, advance and rewind with built-in motor. Up to 2.3 fps. in C mode.
- Drive modes: Single, continuous, 10 sec. self timer
- Power: 2x 3V CR2 lithium batteries w/ battery check
- Dimensions: 142mm x 113mm x 66mm
- Weight: 605g