Canon IXUS M-1
|IXUS M-1, lens open|
image by AWCam (Image rights)
It sits at the low end of the IXUS range, with a plastic body shell, fixed-length 23mm Canon lens and a tiny (0.28x) viewfinder. Canon claim that, at the time, "weighing only 115 grams, ... the world's lightest single focal length Advanced Photo System camera." The lens cover is opened and closed by pressing the projection on the front downwards. The wrist strap has a small block to carry a pin, to work the miniscule date/message setting buttons.
image by datsusaramode (Image rights)
- Lens: Canon 23mm f4.8, 3 elements/3 groups (35mm equivalent: 29mm)
- Autofocus: Green LED indicates "in focus".
- Shutter Speed: down to 1/2 second
- Self-timer: Electronic, 10-second delay
- Auto-exposure light range: EV 5.5 to 17
- Film speeds: ISO 25 to 10000
- Flash Guide number: 6.6 (ISO 100)
- Weight: 115g (no battery)
- Size: 85 x 55 x 34.5mm
- Power: CR2 3v battery