Super Ikonta 530/16
|Super Ikonta B 530/16|
image by Geoff Harrisson (Image rights)
The 530/16 is a folding camera in the Ikonta line, produced by the German company Zeiss Ikon.
It takes 11 size 6x6 cm images on 120 type rollfilm. The Super Ikonta's are equiped with coupled rangefinders.
It was also sold as the Super Ikomat B 21/4 x 21/4
This Super Ikonta model has an automated film transport stop and counting mechanism.
The unusual number of frames, 11 instead of the standard 12, is caused by a design change which Zeiss Ikon made to encounter the frame overlapping problems which were experienced with the earliest cameras.
- Production period : 1935 to 1938
- Format : 6 x 6 cm on 120 type rollfilm
- Known Lens/Shutter combinations:
Tessar 3.5/8.0 cm lens in a Compur-Rapid shutter
Tessar 2.8/8.0 cm lens in a Compur-Rapid shutter
- Filter Size : 37mm push-on
- Flash synchronisation : none
- Selftimer : Yes
- Lighmeter system : none
- Double exposure prevention : Yes
- Rangefinder : Coupled, rotating wedge
- Viewfinder : reverse Galilean type, integrated in top cover
- Color Finish : Black with chrome ornaments
- Color Leatherette : Black
- Dimensions WxHxD : 150x96x50 mm (folded)
- Weight: 920 grams
|Tessar 1:2.8 8cm on a 530/16|
image by Mario Groleau (Image rights)
|Super Ikomat B advertisement 1935|
image by camerawiki (Image rights)
- Bernd K.Otto, Article "Die Entwicklung der Ikonta/Super Ikonta (1)" in the German magazine Photo Deal Nr.46 III/2004
- The British Journal Almanac, 1936, advertisment page 546
- Photo Porst Catalog (German) 1934/1935, page 151