The Samsung ECX 1 is a 35mm auto focus point and shoot camera. It was also released with the Samsung's Kenox branding as the Kenox FX-4.
It features a 38 to 140mm zoom lens at f/3.8 to f/10.5 with 11 elements in 9 groups. When zooming the large LCD displays the focal length from 38 to 140mm. The view finder has two LEDs; a red one for flash ready, a green one for focus. A flashing green led suggest the subject is too close to focus, thereby use the macro mode. It has a double self-timer function that takes another picture 2 seconds after the first shot. It also offers the option to focus manually.
The camera uses 2x CR123A lithium batteries. If inactive for 3 minutes the camera automacally powers off.
A QD model and several color combinations were also available. A model ECX 2 has also been released by Samsung.
This model was exclusively designed for Samsung by F.A. Porsche. When it came out it won the EISA and the TIPA award in 1994.
- Film: 135, 35mm DX
- Size: 24 x 36mm or 13 x 36mm in panorama mode
- Lens: 38 to 140mm f3.8 to 10.5 zoom lens with 11 elements in 9 groups.
- Shutter: electronic AE, 1/3 to 1/400s with Bulb 1 to 60sec.
- Focus: Auto focus 0.6m to inf; Macro 0.6 to 1.3m
- Exposure: Auto exposure. 38mm 5.4 to 17.6 EV; 140mm 8.2 to 17.6EV
- Viewfinder: 80% field of view with .37 to 1.36 manification
- Film speed: Auto DX, 50 to 3200 ISO
- Flash: electronic: Auto, fill, off, pre-flash.
- Flash range: 38mm 1.2 to 6m; 140mm 1.2 to 3m; Macro 0.6 to 1.2m
- Exposure compensation: ± 3EV (0.5EV steps)
- Self timer: single, double, remote
- Power: 2x 3v lithium CR123A
- Dimentions: 149.5 x 83 x 74 mm
- Weight: 450g (wo batteries)