Rolleiflex 2,8 FX
|Rolleiflex 2,8 FX|
image by Bellamy Hunt (Image rights)
The Rolleiflex 2,8 FX is a medium format TLR camera released by Rollei Fototechnic GmbH in 2002. It was one of their last cameras developed, and is almost identical to the Rolleiflex 2,8 GX. The camera was discontinued when the company closed in 2009, but DHW Fototechnik announced at the end of 2009 a plan to relaunch production; which they did at Photokina 2010.
Specifications Rolleiflex 2,8 FX
- Format : 12 exposures of 6 x 6 cm on 120 type rollfilm.
- Taking lens: Carl Zeiss Planar 1:2.8 f=80mm, HFT Coating, made by Rollei.
The lens name was later changed in S-Apogon by DHW Fototechnik.
- Viewing lens: Heidosmat 1:2.8 f=80mm.
- Focusing from ∞ to 1 meter.
- Filter Bayonet : Both lenses, size 3.
- Parallax error correction.
- Shutter: Copal leafshutter. Speeds 1 to 1/500 sec. and B.
- Flash synchronisation : Accessory shoe with system contacts. X-sync socket.
On film flash measurement with a single SI photo element.
- Lighmeter system : Coupled, Centre-weighted average metering by two SI photo elements
behind the finder mirror, Five-LED display in viewfinder. 25 to 6400 ASA
- Film speed settings : 25 to 6400 ISO.
- Dimensions WxDxH: 109 x 108 x 147 mm
- Weight: 1275 grams
Specifications Rolleiflex 2,8 FX-N
Only differences with 2,8 FX shown.
- Taking lens: S-Apogon (=Planar) 1:2.8 f=80mm, HFT Coating, made by DHW Fototechnik.
- Focusing from ∞ to 0.55 meter.
- Filter Bayonet : Both lenses, size 4.
- Claus Prochnow, Rollei Report 2, third edition, Braunschweig, Lindemanns Verlag, 2008, ISBN 3-89506-220-0.