Pentax Zoom 105 Super
|image by Andrys Stienstra (Image rights)|
The Pentax Zoom 105 Super is a fully automatic compact camera released by with a 38-105mm zoom lens. It was also sold as the IQZoom 105 Super but this branding is often omitted from the camera body. It was manufactured by Pentax in 1990.
An minor updated version was available in 1991 called the Zoom 105-R which has red eye reduction.
The lens is a 38-105mm, f/4-7.8, the power zoom can be controlled continuously or in steps of 46, 55, 70 and 85mm by lightly tapping the zooming lever. The focal length is displayed on the top LCD screen. The focus range is from 1.35m to inf, but with macro mode enabled this changes to 0.75m to 1.35m. There is also a super macro mode. This button is located under a downward sliding cover on the left hand side of the body. This enables focus range of 0.45m. In this mode the flash always fires and auto focus does not function. DX encoded film is required as non-DX film is shot at ISO 25. It takes two CR123A batteries, the battery compartment has a screw that can be release with a accessory on the camera strap.
|super macro button|
image by Studioesper (Image rights)
- Type: Fully automatic 35mm film camera with zoom lens
- Film: DX-coded ISO 25-3200, frame size 24x36mm
- Lens: Pentax power zoom 38-105mm, f/4-7.8 with macro mode. 11 elements in 9 groups - Angle 50-23.5 degrees.
- Focusing: Active infrared autofocus system
- Shutter: automatic 1/250s-60 sec.
- Self-timer: up to 5 frames.
- Viewfinder: 87% - magnification 0,45-0,97
- Exposure Compensation: +-3EV (steps of 0.5 EV)
- Double exposure: possible
- Flash: built-in.
- Film advance: automatic - max. 1.3 fps, automatic rewind.
- Power: Two 3v lithium batteries CR-123A or DL 123A
- Size: 144x83x67 mm
- Weight: 470g without batteries.