|Olympus iS-2000 (QD/DLX), aka iS-2 and L-2000
Manufacturer: Olympus Optical Co., Ltd.
Date of Production: 1992
Variants: QD, DLX
Type of Camera: Fully automatic 35mm auto-focus single-lens reflex camera with built-in 35mm ~ 135mm zoom lens
Film type: 35mm standard DX-coded film
Lens: Olympus lens (filter available, 49mm filter diameter) 35mm ~ 135mm F4.5 ~ 5.6, 16 elements in 15 groups (5-group zoom
construction) with extraordinary dispersion (ED) glass at third element in the first zoom lens group
Shutter: Electronic control system vertical focal plain shutter.
Shutter speed range: 1/2000-sec. ~ 15-sec. bulb
Viewfinder: Single-lens reflex system,magnification ratio 0.75 (at 50mm). Finder view-field — 85% of actual view-field
ASA/ISO range: Automatic setting with DX-coded film (ISO 25, 32, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200. Other intermediate film speeds will be automatically set for next lower speed)
Flash: Built-in IVP (Intelligent Variable-Power) flash system with dual light emitting tubes. Manual activating system, recycling time of about 3.5 sec. (at normal temperature). Light emission: Automatic — ISO 100 • m of GN 20 / ISO 100 • ft of GN 66, Manual — ISO 100-m of GN 15/ISO 100 • ft of GN 50
Exposure Modes: Program AE , Aperture preferred AE, Manual exposure
Exposure Metering: TTL light metering system
Focusing: TTL phase-difference detection system autofocus with focus lock, AF illuminator automatically lights up in low light. Manual focusing available (power focus).
Focusing areas: 0.6m (2 ft) ~ at 35 ~ 100mm; 1.2m (3.9 ft) ~ at 100mm or larger; 0.39m (1.3 ft) ~ in Super Macro mode
Continuous Shooting: max. 2.3 frames/sec. (in PF mode, under Olympus test conditions)
Film advance: Automatic film winding, consecutive winding max. 2.3 frames/sec. (in PF mode, under Olympus test conditions), double exposure possible
Frame size: 24 x 36 mm
Programs: Program AE: Standard, Sports, Portrait, Night-Scene
Rear LCD monitor: See picture
Battery: Two 3V lithium batteries (CR123Aor DL123A) (replaceable)
Weight: 890 g (31.4 oz) (without batteries)
Dimensions: 117(W) X 91 (H) X 155(D) mm (4-5/8X3-9/16X6-1/8 in)
The Olympus iS-2000 was introduced in 1991. The beginning of the SLR single lens zoom cameras.
- Built-in 35mm ~ 135mm approx. 4X zoom lens for increased shooting range.
- Full-fledged macro functions include Zoom Macro for subjects as close as 0.6 m (2 ft), Super Macro for subjects as close as 0.39 m (1.3 ft), and 1:1 Macroª which captures life-size images of small subjects on film.
- ED (extraordinary dispersion) glass is used in the lens, achieving crisp, clear images with high contrast.
- The standard shooting mode lets anyone take beautiful pictures easily.
- Panorama photographs are possible when the optional panorama adapter is attached.
- Other various easy-to-use functions include versatile flash, subject, drive, and exposure modes and more.
ª The optional IS/L LENS A-LIFE SIZE MACRO H.Q. CONVERTER f=13cm is required
Viewfinder display / LCD panel
The information both in the viewfinder and in the LCD panel are very comprehensive, as displayed in the following image