|The Diana+ can be switched between 12 or 16|
exposures, unlike the vintage Diana (green)
image by Kathy Hunt (Image rights)
|Lomography Diana+ Kit|
image by raydance (Image rights)
Manufactured since 2007, the Diana+ is a replica camera produced by Lomography based on the original Diana of the 1960s and 1970s, a "toy camera" produced by the Great Wall Plastic Co. Both are notable for their all-plastic construction and artfully-flawed optics.
Most vintage Diana cameras were designed to expose 16 frames per roll of 120 film. The Diana+ maintains approximately the same lens focal length (75mm), but permits two image formats: The original 16 frame 4.2x4.2cm size, or a 12-frames-per-film 5.2x5.2cm. It also adds a tripod socket and shutter lock, and there is an additional pinhole aperture setting, to be used after removing the plastic lens. Many accessories have been produced for the new Diana, including an instant-film back, a hot shoe, and lens converters for Close-Ups, 20mm Fisheye, 38mm Super-Wide, 55mm Wide-Angle and 110mm Telephoto.
There are several special editions, in various colours, some to commemorate events or tie-ins with particular retailers; these include:
- Edelweiss (all white)
- Hong Meow (black and white with panda logo on winding knob)
- Meg (red and white, White Stripes edition)
image by Tobi LG (Image rights)
Lomography have also created the Diana F+ which offers a similar specification to the Diana+, but features a replication of the original Diana Flash. The flash face is cast in reflective silver, and it syncs with the Diana F+ via a traditional metal plug connection.
- Aviator (white body/blue top)
- Black Jack (all black)
- Buttercup (yellow)
- Cai Guo-Qiang (black white grey with signature)
- CMYK (Cyan Yellow Magenta blacK)
- Colette (black body, top blue dots)
- El Toro (black and red, w bull horn design)
- Glow (yellow body, white top, glows green in the dark)
- Hong Meow
- Love is in the Air
- Mr. Pink
- Quing Hua (black and white blue flowers)
- Sahara (white, w/ desert photo)
- Tokyo Rising
- True Blue
- Film format: 120
- Dimensions: 5" x 3.75" x 3" (12.5cm x 9.5cm x 7.6cm)
- Two shutter settings (daytime & "B" for unlimited long exposures)
- 12-shot (5.2x5.2cm), 16-shot (4.2x4.2cm), and endless Panorama (4.6x4.6cm) formats
- Removable lens for pinhole shots.