A compact rangefinder camera from Cosina, the 35 Compact E was largely based on the Konica C35 series. Various clones were manufactured with different branding in several territories. A notable identification feature of this particular model is the rectangular shutter release button. Similar models include the Porst 135 S.
- Lens: Automatic Cosinon 38mm/2.7, minimum focus distance 1mtr/3.5ft.
- Copal shutter/aperture combination, just 2 blades working together for correct exposure by making combinations, ranging from f/2.7 and 1/30sec to f/16 and 1/650sec, a needle in the viewfinder indicates which one the meter has selected.
- manual "B" (bulb) setting for long exposures
- coupled rangefinder
- hot shoe, coupled with a distance scale, it adjusts aperture accordingly
- self timer
- ISO range from 25 to 400
- 357 1,35V single battery, can easily be replaced for LR44 type (with ISO adjustment for voltage difference).
- size: 110mm x 75mm x 54mm
- weight: 359gr.