image by AWCam (Image rights)
According to the catalogue, "The Continette is an inexpensive Zeiss Ikon model fitted with the latest genuine Carl Zeiss lens".
One unorthodox feature of the (otherwise entirely conventional) Continette is the shutter release; this is combined with the frame counter ring around it, and the whole dial forms the release button. The frames are counted by a ring around the edge of the scale. This feature was inherited from the Contina models and other contemporary Zeiss models.
There is a small film type reminder on the back.
- Manufacturer: Zeiss Ikon, Stuttgart, Germany
- Film format: 35mm 24×36mm frames
- Lens: Carl Zeiss Lucinar, 45mm f/2.8
- Shutter: Prontor, 1/30–1/250 + B with self-timer
- Flash sync via PC socket
- 1961 catalogue in the Marriott's website.